Our incredible team at 17A is powered by a range of perspectives and experiences. Through our Day in the Life series, we are giving you the opportunity to get to know our core team members. Read below to learn more about the person who keeps our team running smoothly every single day, our People and Operations Principal, Gauri Wadhwa!
What does a typical workday look like for you?
- I don’t think there is such a thing as a typical workday for me! Depending on the day, I’ll do things ranging from onboarding new team members or confirming our business compliance for new projects, to working with our current team on learning plans and individual development goals.
What prompted you to join 17A?
- One of the main reasons I joined 17a is our ability to be agile with individualization. Because of our size, we can be so targeted in how we utilize our team’s strengths and interests on different types of projects. This carries through for our team in finding the best way, at an individual level, for everyone to learn, develop, and grow.
What is your favorite part about going to work every day?
- On an individual level, I love that none of my days are the same. There are always different balls flying around and it’s fun for me to keep them in line and organized. On a team level, I love working with and connecting with everyone on our team. In my role, I’m able to connect with everyone on an individual level but also think and plan for ways to connect as a team.
Can you tell us a little bit about the guys you share an office space with?
- If I’m being honest, my officemates are just a tad bit lazy. They prefer spending the day in their donut beds instead of working, unless it’s 4-6pm which is when they’re at their most productive and feisty. I should probably mention that my officemates are two incredibly spoiled rescue dogs, Coney and Kiwi.
Describe 17A’s culture in 3 words.
- Deliberate, Curious, Compassionate
What is your favorite 17A team tradition?
- I love wrapping up our morning check-ins with something light like sharing a recent photo or reading our horoscopes. It gets the day started on such a fun note.
What is a go to weekend activity when the weather is nice?
- If the sun is shining on the weekend, I’m definitely outside with my dogs for a walk and a hang out at a park. Smale Park is one of my favorites in Cincinnati because there is a great walking path that goes along the Ohio River.