Recovery + Community
Challenge 7: Jobs supports.
People in recovery often struggle to find work. Finding stable employment is a key part of the recovery process.
Platforms to support workforce re-entry. Challenge teams should consider:
- Integration with existing local workforce supports
- Mentoring component using from volunteers in the business community
- Aggregating existing skills-based training from other sources
- Functionality that educates employers
- Ability to serve as a portal for employers to post opportunities for the recovery population, publicly or to recovery treatment programs
Challenge 8: Engaging volunteers.
There is no centralized place where people can go to volunteer or find volunteers to work against the opiate epidemic and its effects.
Example hacks might include:
- A social network to connect volunteers to recovery groups that can use them (e.g., using volunteer profiles for their skills/availability)
Open-source platform to allow groups and individuals to post volunteer opportunities / come up with new ideas about how volunteers can help