Hosts for the June 10/11 Hacking Heroin Cincinnati:
How can new technology plug service delivery gaps and empower people working and living on the frontlines of the opiate epidemic in the Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky region?
Cincinnati Hacking Heroin was a hackathon held for 2 days in June 2017.
We ran the Cincinnati Hacking Heroin Hackathon as a proof of concept for the value of getting more groups to the table for creative ideation and collaborative problem solving about the role technology can play in fighting the opiate epidemic. One of the winning teams is a growing business today, and many partners and participants have continued to work together in new ways a result of the effort.
To learn more or partner for an event like this in your city, please reach out to email@example.com.
First Place: Give Hope
Crowdfunding platform to match low-visibility organizations and tools attacking heroin problem with activated, inspired donors.
Most Community Impact: Window
A smart platform that connects struggling patient + familiesto real-time information about access to treatment center options, and service provider tools to help manage demand with efficient workflow tools.
Crowd Favorite: Lazarus
An Uber for requesting certified help through an on-demand, location-based, certified support network to assist those in need of treatment and support.
Other solutions included:
- Hope (digitized booklet of local recovery resources)
- RecoveryConnect (social network for families and patients)
- Amazing Dezignz (art for community solidarity)
- ON-CALL (predictive modeling for first responder staffing)
- Heroin Heroism (matchmaking database for recovery)
- Pain Pack chat bot (a chat bot to improve adherence to alternative pain mgmt)